Due to the threat of extreme weather associated with Hurricane SANDY, ALL Town of Rye Beaches
HAVE BEEN CLOSED effective
12:00 PM Monday October 29, 2012 for an undetermined length of time.
Current National Weather Service projections call for the weather event to reach New Hampshire on Monday October 29, 2012 at approximately 3:00 PM. Due to high winds and heavy surf, it is recommended vehicles stay off Ocean Boulevard, Route 1A.
- This closure is to ensure public safety and effective emergency operations.
- The storm event is expected to bring heavy rain and high winds with the potential of flooding roads. Road systems will be vulnerable to wash outs and compromised road shoulders.
- High winds are predicted that may cause trees and limbs to fall along roadways. High winds will make beach walls vulnerable to wash outs and compromise road shoulders.
- The ability to conduct Search and Rescue operations will not be possible Monday and Tuesday during the height of the storm.
- Please dial 911 to report an emergency.