Career Transitions can help you make the most of your job searching and career exploration efforts.
- Find a New Job
- Write a Resume
- Write a Cover Letter
- Tips & Advice
- Interview Simulation
- Discover a New Career
- Browse Career Paths
- Match your Experience to New Careers
- Search Schools & Programs
Testing and Education Reference Center – Taking a college entrance or licensing exam? Looking for a college or graduate school? Need help finding scholarships? Use this database to search thousands of college and graduate school entries. Identify scholarships that meet their financial needs. Take on-line practice tests and use test prep eBooks to obtain your education goals.
Below are some web links you can use to access online resources to help with your career development. We have also listed some career books you can check out.
- Career Builder
Features career tools and many current job listings.
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, this site provides national, state, and local career, labor market, and workforce information.
A complete Web career directory, with links to sites to search for jobs or career development enhancement.
- Indeed.com – One Search All Jobs
- LinkedIn – The world’s largest professional network with 300 million members in over 200 countries and territories around the globe. Their mission is simple: connect the world’s professionals to make them more productive and successful. When you join LinkedIn, you get access to people, jobs, news, updates, and insights that help you be great at what you do.
- USA Jobs
This search for federal jobs is powered by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management site
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
Growth potential of over 250 occupations. U.S. Department of Labor Library Collection:The Encore Book