Online Newsstand and Ebsco Host
Welcome to the new Online Newsstand Project ( a cooperative among over 60 libraries around the U.S. ) where you’ll find easy access to recent feature length articles in many of the most popular magazines. Just click on a topic icon for selected articles and a link to the table of contents for the full issue.
If you’re not in the Library right now, you will need your 14-digit Rye Public Library patron ID to sign into the EBSCO database.
Don’t see what you’re looking for here? You can browse hundreds of other magazine titles in the EBSCO database.
Most Popular Online Newsstand Categories:
Which magazines are in each category?
Art, History & Culture
- American History, Archaeology, Ceramics Monthly, Film Comment, Smithsonian
Business Premier (for libraries that subscribe to this database)
- Bloomberg Businessweek, Entrepreneur, Forbes, Fortune
- Dig, Highlights for Children, Ladybug, New Moon Girls, Ranger Rick, Spider
Community & Living
- Advocate, Ebony, Native Peoples Magazine
Computers & Technology
- Discover, Macworld, PC World, Technology Review
Fashion & Lifestyle
- Cosmopolitan, Harper’s Bazaar, InStyle, Marie Claire
Health & Fitness
- Consumer Reports on Health, Health, Natural Health, Prevention, Shape
- Good Housekeeping, Real Simple, Redbook, Yankee
Money, Business & Consumer News
- Consumer Reports, Fast Company, Inc., Kiplinger’s Personal Finance, Money
Nature & Environment
- E: The Environmental Magazine, Horticulture, Organic Gardening, Vegetarian Times
People, Music & Entertainment
- Entertainment Weekly, People, Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair
Political & Social Commentary
- Atlantic Monthly, Mother Jones, National Review, Progressive
- Astronomy, Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, Scientific American, Sky & Telescope
- Backpacker, Bicycling, Field & Stream, Outdoor Life, Runner’s World, Ski, Sports Illustrated
Weekly News & Analysis
- Economist, New Yorker, Newsweek, Time
We want to hear from you about what magazines should be featured on the Newsstand, so please send us your suggestions. In July 2010, we made two changes to the Newsstand based on patron requests, adding in People Magazine and Inc. What other magazines would you like to see added?