- This event has passed.
Bike/Walk to Work Day
Bike/Walk to Work Day is Friday, May 18th
National Bike Month is coming up in May, with a whole slate of activities around the Seacoast. This year Seacoast residents have more ways than ever to join the healthy, dollar-saving, congestion reducing, breeze-in-your-face fun.
SABR is again partnering with two regional planning commissions, commuteSMART seacoast, local bike shops and other businesses to sponsor ten free alternative commuter breakfasts in communities all around the Seacoast on Friday May 18th. Commuters who leave their cars at home can enjoy breakfasts around the region:
Free Commuter Breakfasts – May 18th 7:00-9:00am
- Dover downtown at Dover City Hall
- Dover at Philbricks Sports
- Durham/UNH at New Hampshire Hall
- Exeter at the Town Bandstand
- Kittery at Kittery Family Practice (across from Loco Coco’s)
- Newmarket at The Bike Factory
- Pease at Grill 28
- Portsmouth Downtown at Popovers
- Rye at Rye Public Library (We are open for breakfast at 7 AM)
- Stratham at Timberland
See this Map for exact locations.
“Biking or walking are great ways to get where you need to go. You’re fitting a workout into a busy day, reducing your pollution footprint, and avoiding traffic jams. And the cost savings is significant even with lower gas prices” said Josh Pierce, president of SABR. “Here on the Seacoast, we’re blessed with relatively flat terrain, stunning scenery, and several great public transportation options, making car-free commuting a great idea.”