The Friends of the Rye Public Library (a 501(c)3 organization) help educate our community about the needs of the library as well as its resources and facilities. Your annual dues help the Friends provide this vital support, as our main source of revenue is our Annual Membership Drive. Click here for our current Annual Membership Drive form.
Please join us for fun meetings and sign up here for our Newsletter to keep up to date with new and upcoming events.
The Friends meet the second Tuesday of the month, 6 PM at the Rye Public Library.
The Mission of the Friends of the Rye Public Library is to:
- Promote the Library within the community
- Enhance the Library’s resources and services
- Provide programs that are designed to create interest in the Library
- Act as a support group for the Library’s financial plans or for additional resources requested by the Library Director
Did you know that your library provides the following services?
* Museum passes (Museum of Fine Arts Boston, Boston Museum of Science, Historic New England, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Peabody Essex Museum, Portland Museum of Art, Currier Museum of Art, Children’s Museum of New Hampshire, Ogunquit Art Museum, Strawbery Banke, New England Aquarium, Seacoast Science Center, and Woodman Museum)
* Delivery service to homebound residents
* Weekly storytelling for children
* Summer reading programs
* Film series
* Art exhibits
* Computer classes
* Speaker series
* Youth and Adult book discussion groups
* Summer art lectures
* Military book discussion group
* Inter-library loan service
* Meeting rooms
* Internet and WiFi access
* History and genealogy reference
* Notary services
* Concerts, and more…
Please renew your membership or become a new Friend!
Annual Memberships run from October 1 of the current year to September 30 of the following year.
Membership levels are as follows:
Literary Lion, $100+
Please make checks payable to the Friends of the Rye Public Library and send them to the Rye Public Library, 581 Washington Rd. Rye, NH, 03870