On Tuesday August 18th we will begin offering appointment- based browsing sessions at Rye Public Library! In combination with our appointment computer work sessions we will offer a total of six sessions each day Mon.-Fri. by advance phone reservation only.
Our catalog station will be available for searches, and our relocated new release area is full of current fiction and non-fiction titles!
The first session will begin at 11:45 AM with the final session ending at 5:30PM. Our foyer pick-up service for reserved materials will continue and again, we invite requests for photocopies to be exchanged in the foyer during our established weekday pick-up hours of 10 AM- 5:30 PM.
A few details on appointment browsing sessions:
Appointments: Browsers or Computer users are invited to schedule a 30- minute session in the Library building. Starting Monday August 17, call 964-8401 to book your appointment in advance. Computer users can find specific details here.
For all appointments:
- We will ask a few health related questions at the time of your booking and arrival
- Please do not book an appointment if you have an active fever or flu-like symptoms.
- Please do not book an appointment if you have been asked to quarantine in the past 7-14 days, experienced flu-like symptoms in the past 7-14 days or cared for someone with flu-like symptoms in the past 7-14 days
In respect to community members with underlying health conditions or those 60 years of age or older we request that the first session each day be booked only by those individuals.
Browsing Sessions: Each 30- minute session will allow one individual access to the Library collection. If you are a parent or caretaker that must bring a child with you, please let us know at the time of your booking for alternative arrangements. Browsing will be limited to the adult collection, but requests from the youth collection can be made and will be filled [as available] during your session. Traffic in the building will be modified and our water and coffee stations will not be available. Public restrooms will not be available, so please plan accordingly.
Building Access and Safety: At the time of your appointment, you are welcome to enter the Rye Public Library via the historic entry facing Washington Road. If you have mobility issues preventing your climbing three short stairs to that entry, please let us know at the time of your booking for alternative arrangements. Visitors will be required to wear face coverings, sanitize hands, and maintain social distancing standards during the extent of their visit. [We can supply masks if you forget yours. Gloves are also available upon request.]
- We’ll try to meet you, but on arrival at the historic entry, please knock or call 964-8401 to let staff know you are here.
- A hand sanitizer station will be available for each visitor to use upon entry. Hand sanitizer use is required upon entry.
- There will be no public access to restrooms due to health security concerns.
- Youth and teen rooms will be unavailable. Please notify us of any needs in those sections at the time of your appointment.
- Computer stations and other high touch areas will be disinfected between sessions.
- Library staff will also be wearing face coverings and maintaining physical distance while in the building.
- All staff will need to remain 6 feet away from patrons when interacting.
Please make a personal consideration of current health recommendations before browsing or borrowing library materials. We have followed all available guidelines in preparing for our service phases, but sadly, no one can make absolute guarantees of your safety in interacting outside your home. As with all our phased stages, this service may have to be retracted dependent on regional conditions of COVID-19 infection. We request that, as with any venture in public, you follow personal and community protective measures, and if you have been experiencing fever or any respiratory symptoms, please stay home and take care of yourself until symptoms subside. We look forward to seeing and serving you in the near future!